That's right; a new Ranger-game has (finally?) been confirmed!
The new game is called ポケモンレンジャー 光の軌跡
, which translates into something like Pokémon Ranger - Tracks of Light
. It will be released in Japan on March 6th, 2010.
The game seems to focus quite much on the 2nd Generation Pokémon, as seen in the screenshots, where the majority of the Pokémon are of the 2nd Gen. Some Pokémon from the other three Generations are also present, of course.New features
- The region of the game is オブリビア
- The antagonists of the game are the ポケモンナッパーズ
("Pokémon Nappers"), with the leader being known as レッドアイ
- A Pichu equipped with an ukulele is in the games, and seem to have a somewhat large role (possibly as the Partner Pokémon).
- A completely new feature is added - the レンジャーサイン
("Ranger Sign") - which allows the Ranger to call for the help of several Pokémon, such as Eevee, Croagunk and the Legendary Beasts.
- As mentioned above, Raikou, Entei and Suicune are in the game, and seem to be the focus of the story. Latias and Latios are also among the Legendary Pokémon in the game.
- The Poké Assists are altered to have the helping Pokémon appear on the battle field. If the helping Pokémon is hit by an opponent's attack, it runs away.
- A Multiplayer mode is in the game, allowing the player to compete with up to three fellow Rangers in what appears to be a "Catch as many as you can"-contest.
- A downloadable mission features Deoxys, which can be transferred to Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.CoroCoro scans
:Scan #1Scan #2Thanks to Filb.de for information and scans.
I CAN'T WAIT!
The Ranger-games are easily my favourites among the spin-offs, and I've been wishing for a new game ever since I "completed" Shadows of Almia. :'D