Adopted on 28 May 2012
The Community Council has adopted this decision:
1. This decision shall be titled the Wi-Fi Decision.
2. This decision shall determine the Wi-Fi rules of the Union and regulate online multi-player activities related to the Pokémon video games such as Wi-Fi battling and trading.
3. The default ruleset for Wi-Fi battles shall be the latest iteration of the Video Game Championships (VGC) 2012 rules and format as issued by Pokémon Organized Play.
4. The Administrator may decide to alter the provisions of paragraph 3 of this decision to adopt a later version of the Video Game Championships (VGC) rules.
5. By mutual agreement, players may agree to the use of a different set of rules to govern a Wi-Fi battle.
6. In the event of the effects of a video game glitch occurring, the battle shall be void and a rematch conducted.
7. Paragraph 5 shall not be applicable to any tournament organised by the Union.
8. The use of Pokémon-Online or similar simulation software shall be subject to the provisions of paragraphs 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
9. Individuals offering Pokémon for Wi-Fi trade shall be required to provide the following mandatory items of information:
|Species||Individual Values (IVs)|
|Shiny or not shiny||Pokérus (PKRS) status|
|Ability||Cloned or not cloned|
|Effort Values (EVs)|
(Stats if the EVs are unknown)
(Only for Event Pokémon)
(The way the Pokémon was obtained)
10. The offering of Pokémon eggs for Wi-Fi trade shall be prohibited.
11. Hacked Pokémon, defined as Pokémon not compatible with the natural game mechanics; and either produced or modified by means of external modification of the game data such as, but not limited to the use of an Action Replay or Flash card device, Pokesav or similar, shall be prohibited.
12. Instances of hacked Pokémon being utilised in a Wi-Fi battle shall result in a warning and a ban if repeated.
13. Instances of hacked Pokémon being offered for a Wi-Fi trade shall result in a ban.
14. Disputes arising between individuals regarding Wi-Fi battles or trades shall be brought before a moderator.
15. Moderators shall hear the concerns of both parties involved and decide the matter in a fair and impartial manner.
16. Decisions of the moderators in disputes brought before them regarding Wi-Fi battles or trades may be referred to the Administrative Council by the moderators or the individuals involved.
Wi-Fi Forum Protocol
17. Individuals requesting a single Wi-Fi battle shall utilise a Quick Battle topic.
18. Individuals offering or requesting a single Pokémon for Wi-Fi trade shall utilise a Quick Trade topic.
19. Individuals may create a single dedicated forum topic for the purpose of accepting Wi-Fi battle challenges provided the approval of a moderators is obtained.
20. Individuals may create a single dedicated forum topic for the purpose of offering their Pokémon for Wi-Fi trade provided that no less than 10 Pokémon are offered.
Adopted by the President of the Union on 28 May 2012.
For the Community Council