Basic Code of Conduct Decision
Adopted on 28 May 2012
The Community Council has adopted this decision:
1. This decision shall be titled the Basic Code of Conduct Decision.
2. This decision shall determine the basic code of conduct of the Union and regulate the behaviour of individuals, it shall apply to all aspects and affairs of the Union.
3. Individuals shall be respectful towards others through common decency, courtesy and tolerance.
Insults and Flaming
4. Insults towards other individuals based on personal views, religion, race, ethnicity, sexuality and other forms of personal characteristics shall be prohibited.
5. Flaming or inciting disorder, hostility or breaches of the Union's rules shall be prohibited.
6. Instances of insults or flaming shall result in a warning, and, if repeated, a ban.
Advertisement, Spam and Flooding
7. Advertisement of products, services, websites or other forms of promotional activity shall be prohibited.
8. Spam and flooding shall be prohibited.
9. Individuals shall be permitted to link to their own personal website, blog, social networking profile or Pokémon-related content in non-promotional manners provided it does not violate any provision of this decision.
10. Instances of advertisement, spam, flooding and content not in accordance with paragraph 9 shall result in a ban.
11. Repeating the same statements multiple times shall be prohibited.
12. Writing in all capital letters shall be prohibited.
13. Interrupting the flow of discussion shall be prohibited.
14. Instances of individuals repeating the same statements multiple times, writing in all capital letters or interrupting the flow of discussion shall result in a warning.
Sexually Explicit Content
15. Sexually explicit content, including links to such content, shall be prohibited.
16. Instances of sexually explicit content shall result in a ban.
17. Content not lawful, including links to such content, according to European and national law shall be prohibited.
18. Instances of unlawful content shall result in in a warning, and, if repeated, a ban.
19. Using or maintaining multiple identities shall be prohibited.
20. Instances of multiple identities shall result in a ban.
The Authority of the Staff
21. Individuals shall respect the authority of the Administrator, assistant administrators and the moderators.
22. Instances of individuals not respecting the authority of the Administrator, assistant administrators or the moderators shall result in a ban.
23. Individuals may refer actions and decisions by the assistant administrators or the moderators thought to be unjustified or wrongful to the Administrative Council.
24. Instances of individuals having received five or more warnings, not counting warnings that have expired, shall result in a ban.
Length of Bans
25. The length of a ban imposed in accordance with the provisions of this decision shall be determined on an individual basis based on the principles of necessity and proportionality.
Adopted by the President of the Union on 28 May 2012.
For the Community Council