Which book are you reading at the moment?

Discussion of anything related to various forms of media (ie. books, films, music, television).

Re: Which book are you reading at the moment?

Postby Kirluu » 23 Nov 2010, 15:20

Currently reading Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows. :P
I watched part one of the movie-making of the book last friday. Not fantastic, not bad either.
Anyways, since it's been a while since I read the book, I thought I'd read it once before part 2 of the movie-making of it comes out ^^

Good stuff :3

Kirluu~
A lot less online than usual.
Meanies Out Delivering Sentences
Kirluu

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Zeus198 » 25 Nov 2010, 09:12

Kirluu wrote:Currently reading Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows. :P
I watched part one of the movie-making of the book last friday. Not fantastic, not bad either.
Anyways, since it's been a while since I read the book, I thought I'd read it once before part 2 of the movie-making of it comes out ^^

Kirluu~

I've read all the Harry potter series, when it came off. I was really crazy about those books, and i think they are worth it. But anyway, this last book, happens to be one of the two favorite of mine from the series, so it'll really fascinate you. The other one i love is the fourth, the goblet of fire.
Well have fun reading, and if you like, let us know when you're done, in order to share your thoughts and impressions ;)
" But i have faith that there will come a time
when people can truly understand one another... "

Jiraiya Sensei
Zeus198
European Moderator
European Moderator

Postby Verituuli » 25 Nov 2010, 13:20

I'm reading Shōgun by James Clavell right now in english.
It's over 1000 pages long and I've only read about 250 pages... and I should make a book review about it for school (english lesson, surprise surprise!) before christmas... holy gee...
But, it's a very interesting book so I believe I'll make it through. :) And besides I have no "one month limit"-loan to press me because it's my awesomesauce english teacher Samuli's book.
Verituuli

Postby Kirluu » 25 Nov 2010, 20:18

Zeus198 wrote:
Kirluu wrote:Currently reading Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows. :P

Kirluu~

I've read all the Harry potter series, when it came off. I was really crazy about those books, and i think they are worth it. But anyway, this last book, happens to be one of the two favorite of mine from the series, so it'll really fascinate you. The other one i love is the fourth, the goblet of fire.
Well have fun reading, and if you like, let us know when you're done, in order to share your thoughts and impressions ;)

Umm, Zeus, I don't really know if you caught this marked part of my topic reply or not, but eh, I've already read it once before. I simply started reading it again, because, as I say, it's been quite some time since I last read it, so I don't remember many of the details. That's why I chose to read it again, before part 2 of the movies come out ^^
Just re-explaining here xD
A lot less online than usual.
Meanies Out Delivering Sentences
Kirluu

Postby Zeus198 » 26 Nov 2010, 12:31

:shock: oh, my bad then........ But since you're re-reading it, i suppose you find it fascinating and that's all that matters....xD
" But i have faith that there will come a time
when people can truly understand one another... "

Jiraiya Sensei
Zeus198
European Moderator
European Moderator

Postby Kratos Aurion » 04 Dec 2010, 20:57

For my english class I´m reading "The Forgotten Beasts of Eld" by Patricia A. Mc Killip.

The teacher selected some specific books, and we students got to choose between them. So I picked the one I picked, because it´s fantasy and I love fantasy in general.
Kratos Aurion

Postby GeorgeSlayer » 06 Dec 2010, 11:58

Reading Katherine Neville's The Magic Circle, which I have had for over 3 years, but I didn't like it the first time I attempted to read it. It's a very exciting novel, and I would have made progress far beyond page 230 if it was not for school exams these days. I will probably be done with it in less than a week, only ~400 pages left which equals less than 7 hours xD.
Absent for a year.
GeorgeSlayer

Postby Pokelol » 29 Jan 2011, 22:44

Right now, I´m reading "Football In The Blood", written by two of the most known Danish football commentators (some that comments live when the match is being played). Considering I only read some of it when we are reading at the school the first 20 minutes, I´m actually pretty far in it, not that it is one of the books with the most pages in it.

After that, or maybe starting today, I will begin on the book "Gullivers Travels". I saw a movie called "Gullivers Travels" and noticed that Jack Black was playing Gulliver. My dad told me, that the book was from his youth, and that he actually still had the book. He found it, and I am going to read it :3
Path to Victory - On my way

Spoiler: Show
Tsuroerusu - Image
Pokelol

Postby Kratos Aurion » 19 Mar 2011, 12:15

I´m reading Infernal Devices by Philip Reeve it´s the third part of the Mortal Engines Quartet. Fantasy by category.
Kratos Aurion

Postby Pokelol » 01 Apr 2011, 20:20

"Nothing" by Janne Teller. It´s a Danish book about a boy, Pierre Anthon, that finds out, that nothing means anything. Every other kid in his class means the opposite of him. They are therefore making a pile of things that means something to them. They are starting with some small things; A doll without the head and a VHS tape without the sound. But it gets ridiculous and ends up with a finger, a dead child and many other things.
Path to Victory - On my way

Spoiler: Show
Tsuroerusu - Image
Pokelol

PreviousNext

Return to Media