Fairy Tail Discussion

Discussion of anything related to various forms of media (ie. books, films, music, television).

Fairy Tail Discussion

Postby Ryu Shoji » 13 May 2011, 01:27

Welcome to Fairy Tail!

The latest brain child of Hiro Mashima, the man behind Rave Master is Fairy Tail a shonen series about wizards. Except unlike Harry Potter, these wizards don't all wear robes and go to some elitist school. No, in the world of Fairy Tail, wizards (or mages, depending on the translation, but they mean the same thing) join "Guilds" and use their magic to assist them in jobs so they can earn a living and stuff, and if Natsu (and especially Gray) are anything to go by, they don't wear much.

This series follows the "Fairy Tail" guild; one of the most infamous in the country of Fiore; with some of its most prominant members (including the male protagonist Natsu) being known for excessively destructing things on missions.

Volumes 1-12 of the Fairy Tail manga were released by Del Rey manga, although Volume 13 onwards will be published by Kodansha USA. The anime is available for legal streaming on Crunchyroll if one has an Anime Membership, and has also been licensed by FUNimation Entertainment for U.S. release beginning later this year (and by Manga Entertainment in the UK, with the first 12 episodes due out in February 2012).

So yeah, discuss Fairy Tail here! I'll kick off with this question:

Out of "Team Natsu" (Natsu/Lucy/Gray/Erza) who is your favourite character, and why?
For me it has to be Erza, no doubt about it. Not only is she powerful (and pretty good looking), but you can't help feel sorry for her after the Tower of Heaven arc and the end of the Oracion Seis arc
Spoiler: Show
it was fairly obvious she was going to confess her love to Jellal, but he had to be arrested didn't he?! Erza's relationship with Jellal is definitely the most powerful of any recent shonen series I have come across.
President of the Community Council
European Moderator
Ryu Shoji

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Fairy Tail Discussion

Postby Cool Ivysaur » 30 May 2011, 13:22

Fairy Tail is cool 8-)
I mostly follow the manga rather than the anime, as the anime seems kinda childish to me. Concept-wise team Natsu was well thought off. The classical brainless male protagonist with a warm heart ( Natsu - Fire Magic ), the typical smarter and colder rival ( Gray - Ice Magic ), the weak but cute supportive female character ( Lucy ) and finally the powerful but sensitive Erza. And I believe that this idea is what made people like Fairy Tail, as there are many different characters and attributes for people to like.

"Out of "Team Natsu" (Natsu/Lucy/Gray/Erza) who is your favourite character, and why?"

No one really. Well of course Natsu the strong Dragon Slayer, Gray is cool and Erza is powerful and good looking, but im not really liking any of them. Out of all the charaters in the manga, I'd say I like Laxus the most, because he's a beast, and I also moderately like Gajeel.

Btw, the manga is at interesting point. Looking forward to see what Gildarts can do.
Cool Ivysaur
Member of the Community Council
Member of the Community Council

Return to Media