Keeping generation 4 alive

Discussion of everything related to Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver for Nintendo DS.

Re: Keeping generation 4 alive

Postby Tsuroerusu » 23 Apr 2012, 15:14

Kratos_Aurion wrote:Would it be an idea to keep the 4th gen games acceptable in future tournaments? If you guys say they have a better Wi-Fi/Battle system.

We sort of tried that last year, and the result was extremely poor, people have indeed started playing generation 5, despite, what I would consider its shortcomings.
President of the United European Pokémon Communities
PokémonForumets ordförande
Tsuroerusu
President of the Union
President of the Union

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Kratos Aurion » 23 Apr 2012, 19:18

Tsuroerusu wrote:
Kratos_Aurion wrote:Would it be an idea to keep the 4th gen games acceptable in future tournaments? If you guys say they have a better Wi-Fi/Battle system.

We sort of tried that last year, and the result was extremely poor, people have indeed started playing generation 5, despite, what I would consider its shortcomings.

Outch, that wasn´t good. Maybe smaller tournaments then or "retro" tournaments, no? There must still be people who play D/P/Pt and has teams there...
Kratos Aurion

Postby Tsuroerusu » 24 Apr 2012, 01:20

Kratos_Aurion wrote:
Tsuroerusu wrote:

Outch, that wasn´t good. Maybe smaller tournaments then or "retro" tournaments, no? There must still be people who play D/P/Pt and has teams there...

Retro tournaments, as long as Nintendo maintains the servers for Wi-Fi, could be a possibility. However, in terms of UEPC organising such a tournament, I think it would be something secondary, as organising a tournament takes a lot of time and energy on part of the staff, and we would probably want to focus that on tournaments that get the maximum number of players etc.
Tsuroerusu
President of the Union
President of the Union

Postby Kratos Aurion » 24 Apr 2012, 20:07

@Tsuroerusu That´s understandable. But yeah, let´s hope the Wi-Fi servers for the older games will run so that you guys can organize tournaments for gen 4 in the future, don´t need to be so big ones, but yeah I think you already know where I want to go with this.
Kratos Aurion

Postby Tsuroerusu » 24 Apr 2012, 23:21

Kratos_Aurion wrote:@Tsuroerusu That´s understandable. But yeah, let´s hope the Wi-Fi servers for the older games will run so that you guys can organize tournaments for gen 4 in the future, don´t need to be so big ones, but yeah I think you already know where I want to go with this.

Yeah, I hear ya. It will be interesting to see how long Gen4, as a whole, will be playable over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Given that they released HG/SS in 2010, I could imagine it lasting at least until 2015.
Tsuroerusu
President of the Union
President of the Union

Previous

Return to 4th Generation