Manchester RMT

Need some feedback on your new team? This is the place to post it and for others to rate it and provide feedback.

Manchester RMT

Postby Aeolian » 16 Aug 2010, 15:55

Hey guys i figured id make a RMT of the team i used for manchester. So here it is:

Weavile @ Focus Sash ~ Aeolian
Jolly
Pressure
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpE
Fake Out
Taunt {for dusknoirs..}
Night Slash
Ice Shard

Infernape @ Life Orb ~ Zak
Naive
Blaze
64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Fake Out
Protect
Heat Wave
Close Combat

Basically these two were my two fake outers designed to completely nullify then KO some leads like trick roomers etc.
As a team they are formidable since i get a free turn and then am able to sweep after removing any possible focus sash's.
Heat Wave to hit both foes.
Ice Shard for dragon types.
Night Slash for the peskier ghosts.
Close Combat for coverage.

Seemed pretty decent to me :) Ofcourse these could be interchanged with the rest of the team.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry ~ Atom {May rename to havak since he actually hosted the event, suggested by random people behind me}
Adamant
Sand Veil
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpE
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Protect
Rock Slide

Garchomps fairly obvious as to why it has the moves. It fits in well with pokemon like zapdos and weavile, has decent coverage and is pretty powerfull. As for the lum berry.. well since he is paired up against most trick room teams with zapdos they are incredibly formidable, for these reasons:
Dark Void Smeargle wont be able to put them to sleep for the first time.
They are bulky so are able to somewhat stall the trick room team.
Their attacks mostly hit both pokemon so even if the foes are two trick roomers we can still do incredible damage.

Oh and i bet your wondering what the zapdos is.. well here it is:

Zapdos @ Chesto Berry ~ Tblakey89
Modest
Pressure
252 HP / 126 SpA / 132 SpD
Discharge
Light Screen
Detect
Heatwave

This is the second half, being able to counter Special Defencively, not being able to put to sleep for the first turn and with two moves giving the possibility of either 30% chance of parahax or burn hax id say this guys pretty deadly..

Finally the last two pokemon:

Metagross @ Occa Berry ~ Pokerob
Adamant
Clear Body
244 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 Spe / 4 SpD
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Protect
Explosion.

Since i didnt wish to replace explosion or protect with earthquake i stuck with this.
It faired very well in the tournement, especially since occa berry helped it out of a few sticky situations.

Tyranitar @ Chopple Berry ~ DF
Adamant
Sand Stream
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Protect
Crunch
Earthquake
Rockslide

This guy was there to help remove rain teams, hail teams and also provide some much needed ability abuse to garchomp.
Since 3/6 of my team resisted sand storm i figured it appropriate.
Chopple berry is obvious and the moves were to make sure i did appropriate damage to as many foes as possible.

Well this team did really well at manchester getting me to #5 in the tournement after losing to Akiratron, the person who went on to win it.
for a 4v4 set up using PBR we are able to see the foes team and make a judgement on what pokemon to use.

Well; Each pokemon benefits the other in this team. For example two fakeouters gives more coverage. The two anti sleep berries on garchomp and zapdos stop smeargles trying to trounce me whilst i can KO it with discharge from zapdos and earthquake from garchomp. AND since they are perfect partners it works very well :)
Tyranitar allows sand veil to kick in whilst metagross is simply there for a bit of brute force.

RMT GUYS :D
Aeolian

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Manchester RMT

Postby Greene1516 » 26 Nov 2010, 21:04

Two questions; what tier is this meant to be as Garchomp's addition makes this unclear. Furthermore, since when can Infernape get Ice Shard?
FC: 2707-9490-0844
W:113 D:1 L:28

Subscribe to my youtube battle channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
Also check my trade thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=48
Greene1516

Postby Yellow Rayquaza » 27 Nov 2010, 20:10

Greene1516 wrote:Two questions; what tier is this meant to be as Garchomp's addition makes this unclear. Furthermore, since when can Infernape get Ice Shard?

Weavile, has Ice Shard, not Nape. :O
Welcome to the United European Pokémon Communities!
Yellow Rayquaza
Finnish Moderator
Finnish Moderator

Postby Greene1516 » 28 Nov 2010, 19:59

Yellow Rayquaza wrote:
Greene1516 wrote:Two questions; what tier is this meant to be as Garchomp's addition makes this unclear. Furthermore, since when can Infernape get Ice Shard?

Weavile, has Ice Shard, not Nape. :O

Computer fail, the section with Infernape's actual moves wasn't showing as the page was all squished so it only showed the summary afterwards which included Ice Shard. My bad.
FC: 2707-9490-0844
W:113 D:1 L:28

Subscribe to my youtube battle channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
Also check my trade thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=48
Greene1516

Postby Pokérob » 30 Nov 2010, 20:29

This was the rulings for PokemonWorld's third Manchester Tournament. Basically VGC09 with the allowance of Tyranitar, Salamence and Dragonite.

EDIT: Sorry this actually was for the second! :O
Pokérob
British Representative
British Representative

Postby Aeolian » 06 Dec 2010, 20:10

Pokérob wrote:This was the rulings for PokemonWorld's third Manchester Tournament. Basically VGC09 with the allowance of Tyranitar, Salamence and Dragonite.

EDIT: Sorry this actually was for the second! :O

yeah xD my one for the third was slightly different :P
Aeolian

Return to Team building and rating